Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Man I Love to Dance...

Hello!  It was another great week, full of new and exciting things.  I'm army crawling with the best of them, going wherever I want these days (although the hall closet and cupboards in the kitchen are my favorite places).  I have also started pulling myself up onto my knees to play.  It's unbelievable how much things have changed for me in three short weeks.  We are working hard on cross crawling, hopefully by next week I will realize that alternating my arms and legs will get me places even more quickly.  My legs have, however, started to engage, so that's a positive sign! 

Mom had a hard discussion with my Physical Therapist, who told Mom this week she is very skeptical of Glenn Doman and his strategies for brain-injured children.  She was specifically worried about how much of a role parents have to play in helping kids get better and said she doesn't believe the claims that severely brain-injured children can advance to be age appropriate (keep up with their peers).  Mom listened to her concerns and then my parents decided that my PT is either going to have to get on board or she won't be able to work with me anymore.  OF COURSE my parents are going to take and active role in my recovery...even if that means several hours a day of work.  They wouldn't have it any other way, and only those who have a positive attitude about helping me will be in my life.

Dumping the Tupperware out is one of my favorite things to do!  Mom says "Have at it!!"

Probably the most fun I've had this week, however, is dancing.  I REALLY love music, whenever I hear it I just stop and dance.  Since the video below I have added bouncing on my butt, which means I can really move and shake!



Well, wish me luck, my eye surgery is scheduled for Friday morning.  I go in for my pre-op appointment tomorrow...I'm nervous about both the recovery and the results, but hopeful that this will help me!  My parents will make sure to keep you updated.  


5 comments:

bl_holloway said...

First, your PT has some serious ....excuse me...Balls to say that....I agree with get on board or we are moving on.

Vinny - you are quite the little dancing man! I can't wait to meet you and have you show me your moves!

Anonymous said...

Your Grandma Jane and Uncle Deo left our house a couple of hours ago after a fun-filled three days. I couldn't wait to check your updates and was very impressed to see your new dance moves. Rock on little Vinny. XOXOXOXOXO

Sue Wright said...

Hey Vinny! Great moves! And I love it that you are doing what your mom asks! It's always a good sign that a young boy will do what his mom asks. Keep pushing the buttons!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Ho! Vinny-O! We are so impressed with your wild dance moves! Great job! We will be praying for a wonderful outcome to your eye surgery and for a speedy recovery. It won't be long before you find your legs and will really be moving fast, and then, Mom & Dad watch out! Love Tom & Tess

Anonymous said...

Oh Vinny, I'm such a cry baby! Seeing you dance and love music the way you do just made me so happy that I cried watching you! You are such a happy boy!! Tell mom and dad to post lots more videos :)
Cheryl Schrader