Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Back to Business...

Hello!  Well, I'm not going to lie it was a long week--I finally started feeling better on Sunday, over a week after my surgery.  My fever broke and playing sounded like fun again.  Aunt Melany came to visit on Saturday, which was great, but besides that, we just hung out and relaxed this weekend.

On Monday I went to the eye doctor for a post-op check-up, he said that, unfortunately, he can still get my eyes to cross, but with greatly reduced frequency.  What that means is we'll have to wait the full month to see if the surgery "sticks."  Dr. Cassidy thinks I had a hard time adjusting to the new alignment, probably seeing double and having some issues with depth perception, which added to my punky mood.  He also said he's going to have me continue to wear my glasses, at least until we see what the final results are.  The good news is, I get to take a break from patching. 

With all my eye issues I haven't been moving around too much, but I'm going to get back to practicing this week, hopefully my legs will start cooperating soon! 

I'm really looking forward to Thursday, my Grandma Nessan and her friend Linda are coming to visit.  We are going to the Fair, then head to Flagstaff for the Homecoming parade and football game (NAU vs. the Montana Griz).  Should be a great time :)

A few videos for you...

Mom caught my excitement as Dad came home from work! 

And this one is just a sample of my tricks...you know about "So Big" and "Pat-a-Cake," however Mom and Dad were very happy to figure out that I'm not saying "butt," but "bucket."  Uh, duh, they call every container in our house a "bucket!"

2 comments:

bl_holloway said...

Vinny....I LOVE YOU! You just made my morning! I love watching your videos...and I like how you are talking now...BUCKET!

Betsey said...

OMG, that excitement at seeing your Daddy just about killed me - you sure are an expressive little guy, and I swear, one of the cutest kids I have ever known.