Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, I hope you had a wonderful day with your family and friends :)  I thought I would give you a quick update and also take you down memory lane with my "Year by the Numbers." 

Well, I certainly made out like a bandit, this Santa guy is really worth all the hype.  We didn't get everything unwrapped until 5:00pm because I had to take a break after a couple of presents...Mom and Dad couldn't get my toys out of the packaging quickly enough, so mainly I got bored and crawled away to see what Oly was up to! 

Here I am in front of the tree, it's hard looking this good! 

Our friends, the Lovekamps, gave me this car that their son grew out of...as you can see, I really enjoy being wheeled around...thank goodness our house has a lot of tile!

I suppose you're all wondering how my hands and knees crawling is coming along, well, let me tell you, all this practice is paying off.  I'm doing well with my cross-pattern, which is so critical later in my life for balance, hand-eye coordination, and even spelling!  Crawling has also led to me pulling myself to a standing position (the first time I stood up in my crib I scared the daylights out of my parents, I could hear my Mom screaming as she rushed into my bedroom...I dropped my paci over the edge and was going after it).  Just this weekend I started "cruising" effectively along the couches...sometimes I think I can just turn sideways and walk! 

Here's a video clip of my progress, with another appearance by Oly!

Now that I'm on the go more effectively, I like to explore...no, my parents didn't put me in here because I was bad, I crawl in here frequently (just to drive Oly crazy...he cocks his head sideways and looks at me like, "Not cool Vinny, not cool!"). 


Well, those are all the major updates, now on to my "Year by the Numbers" trip down memory lane...

YEAR BY THE NUMBERS

1...surgery (on both my eyes, looks like it worked, they are still straight!)
3...total haircuts (kind of scary, but fun!)
5...physical milestones (sitting unassisted, army crawling, hands and knees crawling, pulling to stand, and cruising along furniture)
6...cool outings (a Spring Training game, the Phoenix Zoo twice, Sea Life Aquarium, Musical Instrument Museum, and the Arizona State Fair)
7...words I use consistently and appropriately (mom, dad, bath, bucket, open, hi, and bus) 
8...teeth (four on top, four on bottom)
12...hours of sleep I get every night ("Thank God!" say Mom and Dad)
15...items I describe with the word "ba"
17...total pounds I've gained this year (that's right, I weigh a whopping 30.5 lbs. now!)
162...individual therapy sessions (physical, occupational, developmental specialist, speech)
334...days of sunshine in Anthem, Arizona (I love the sun!)
750...miles I have walked or run with Mom, Dad, and my dog Oly (I love my jogging stroller)
22, 354...number of times I have open and shut doors in my house (this is just an estimate :))




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Vinny and family,
Thanks for sharing your Year By Numbers and another video of you crawling. You are so darn cute that I can't even put it into words. The smile that you always put on my face feels like it reaches from coast to coast. I love seeing and reading about your progress. You are an amazing little fellow that I hope to meet someday soon.

Hugs,
Great Auntie JoJo

bl_holloway said...

What a cool car Vinny! Someday we will have to drag race. (shhh, don't tell your mom!)

Anonymous said...

HI! HO! VINNY O!--JUST GOT MY COMPUTER BACK UP AND WORKING--THANKS TO UNCLE DEENO. WE ARE SO IMPRESSED WITH YOUR PROGRESS--LOVE THE LIZZARD FACE!!! HERE IS HOPING YOU AND YOUR MOM AND DAD HAVE A GREAT 2012, AND WE WILL BE SEEING YOU SOON. LOVE TESS & TOM