Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Christmas Miracle

Well, it's been one heck of a week...yesterday I decided that maybe I should get up on my hands and knees to really show my Mom and Dad what I'm made of.  Yes, you heard me right, I am hands and knees crawling!  Don't get me wrong, I still crawl on my belly if I want to get somewhere quickly, but even in a day I have gotten better at popping up on my hands and knees and getting around.  When I first showed off my new skill, Mom was so excited she started to cry--she called Dad and told him it was a "Christmas Miracle,"  I could hear him laughing through the phone from across the room!  She is so dramatic!  Although, I must say, crawling is probably my biggest milestone since birth considering my damage is in the mid-brain.  Look out, I'll master this skill before you know it!

Here's a video of me crawling--if you think it's annoying that my Mom says "hands and knees, please" 45 times, just trying being at my house 24 hours a day!!

I also had a wonderful weekend!  Sue and Sue came to visit from Flagstaff and you know what they brought with them....a cooler full of SNOW!  Even though it was nearly 60 degrees in Phoenix, I got the opportunity to make my first snowman.  I can't tell you how much I appreciated them thinking of me...although I wasn't a big fan of the cold, it was a really neat experience.  Thanks Sue and Sue!
Here I am forming the snowman's head!

And here is the finished product!

The other big news from the week is that my speech has greatly increased.  Once I got the baby signs for "more" and "all done" down pat, I started babbling a lot more.  I'm saying "mama" on a regular basis and mimic my Mom and Dad all the time (especially when they say "b" words--I love saying "b's"). I can also point to my belly, hair, ears, and say "ahhhh" when my parents ask me to open my mouth.

Besides that, it is business as usual.  Mom got another job (besides the teaching job that starts in January), working for The Spelman and Johnson Group (a higher education search firm) so she has been busy in the mornings before Dad goes to work and at night after I am in bed. She says she really likes it, so whatever floats her boat.  Dad is up in Flagstaff for the night, we are glad he made it safely with all of the snow they have gotten over the last couple of days.

Well, I better get going, I have some practicing to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Vinny and family,

What a delight it is to hear about your wonderful to hear about your progress! It is indeed the "Season of Miracles" and we wish the Davison family all the best for 2012 and will look forward to many more such miracles!

K V

Kathy Smith said...

He is a little miracle - every dark cloud has a silver lining and Vinny definitely shines. Sooo Cute!

Betsey said...

Vinny, buddy, you are so amazing. I betcha you are always gonna do everything on your own time, with that HUGE smile on your face. What a doll you are, just like your parents.