Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!  We had a wonderful holiday season here in Anthem, AZ and were very sad to see it come to an end with Dad's return to work on Tuesday :(  Mom said I had "adjustment issues" all day, whatever that means!  Not much new to report, I'm still crawling around like a pro, getting stronger every day.  I really want to start walking, but my parents want me to crawl as long as possible.  My Developmental Specialist brought a shopping cart for me to push around a couple of times a day since I already think I can walk (which makes for some tough falls when I'm hanging on to the coffee table and just turn sideways to start walking).  She says it will be good for me to practice how to get up and down safely :)  So, Mom and Dad weighted down the shopping cart with cans of beans to make sure I could keep up and I practice every now and again. 

Mom starts teaching on Friday, so I am going to stay with a nice lady named Inger.  Inger is going to come to our house and watch me; we have been spending time together so we're used to each other before Mom ditches me.  Inger is a Grandma 8 times over and was a Lutheran Pastor for 25 years.  She sings to me in Norwegian, which both Oly and I like very much!  I guess it will be OK for Mom to leave for a few hours, but she better not make a habit of it :)

My NACD evaluation got moved up to Saturday, so we are all very excited to hear what Mr. Doman has to say.  I told Mom and Dad I will preform all my tricks and not whine as long as they bring lots of snacks!  My new favorite are raisins, I never knew what I was missing! To be honest, I really like all food, I tried an organic grapefruit in Whole Foods over the weekend and asked for seconds...nothing better than eating Whole Foods samples and riding in a cart. 

A few videos for your viewing pleasure....

Dad taught me how to act like a lizard...Mom says roaring like a Grizzly Bear is next!

Dad is so funny, he loves to tickle my neck!

 Have a great week!

No comments: