Hello! I hope you had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend :) My Dad got home on Thursday night and I'll tell you what, I can't think of anyone I would rather hang out with. When he leaves the room or gets out of my sight it makes me so sad I just have to cry, so needless to say, we've been hanging out a lot!! Mom says she is going to videotape me when Dad gets home at night...as soon as the garage door opens I start bouncing around and screaming "hey" or "hi"--then when my Dad walks in I get so shy I hide my face (but I'm smiling from ear to ear). I don't know who's more excited, me or Oly!!
This week my new quest has been independent eating. I don't know why my Mom and Dad think I'm still a baby and need to be fed. If they would just load up the spoon, I can do the rest. Mom says I'm getting about 20% of the food in my mouth, but seeing as how I tipped the scaled at 28lbs 1oz on Sunday, maybe that's not such a bad thing.
I had a great weekend! Aunt Sue and Sue came down from Flagstaff to visit, which was a blast. They love me so much they brought me a new toy, a very good one for keeping me entertained while on my tummy. I can't wait to see them again in October :)
I also got to hang out with our friends the Lovekamps! They have three kids, a 5 year old and 3 year old twins. For the first time I actually realized there are other babies in the world...I wanted to pull the twins' hair and touch their faces! They have an awesome swing at their house, I squealed and laughed so much that I hope Dad got the hint to build one in our backyard!
Well, besides all the fun I have described above, my parents are all fired up about this new treatment center in Pennsylvania they found out about called the Family Hope Center, as well as a man named Glenn Doman, who has been treating brain injured children for nearly 60 years. They have all these crazy plans for me like a ramp to help me crawl and a vest that won't let me roll over. Our friend Scott Leppla is helping us make the ramp and Grandma Jane is going to put her sewing skills to work when she gets here in a few weeks to make the vest. They have also been doing a new exercise with me called "patterning" and I DO NOT like it. Mom says "too bad, so sad,"--Dad is a little more sympathetic. They are upset they didn't hear about these tools before now, but hopefully I'll be on the move soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment