Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Verdict Is In...I'm Headed to Surgery!

Hello!  Well, the verdict is in, I'm headed for eye surgery.  The patching and increased prescription hasn't helped with the crossing of my right eye, so I'm going under the knife.  The good news is that my vision is actually improving, in fact, Dr. Cassidy thinks I may be able to do away with my glasses after surgery!  We'll hopefully be able to schedule within the next month (whenever we get everything figured out with insurance)...another trip to Phoenix Children's Hospital.  I'll have to remind Mom and Dad to tell Dr. Cassidy that I woke up really quickly after being put under general anesthesia last time (like before they even got me to the recovery room).  I'm kind of scared, but excited that this could fix all of the straining I have to do to see well every day. 

Last week I had several meetings, my annual Individualized Family Service Plan review (hard to believe I have been receiving Early Intervention Services for a year!) being the most important.  We went over a whole new set of goals which sound like a lot of hard work.  I would prefer to just sit in my highchair and eat snacks or hang out with Oly, but Mom and Dad really want me to be mobile. 

This past weekend Uncle Torry and Aunt Melany came to visit, the last time before they move to California.  Man, I'm going to miss them!  Mom and Dad left me with a babysitter while they went to the Diamondbacks game.  I was a real good boy...what did I get in return...KIWI...I love it!

Today I got to meet another little boy with CP, his name is Jack.  He's 5 and boy is he smart!  He came over to our house to meet me and my Mom...he was disappointed that we didn't have a Wii or XBox 360, but I think he thought I was cool enough.  I hope I can graduate from Kindergarten like Jack, this afternoon he told me all about how the Earth rotates on its axis...WOW!  All Mom and I ever talk about it tummy time, what sounds animals make, and crawling! 

Finally, Mom and Dad had to fire my Speech Therapist before I even met her...long story, but all I know is that I am having another evaluation done next week and then start with a new woman who Mom says "is more on the same page regarding our overall goals and vision"....uhhhh, what?!  I don't even know what the problem is, my new word this week is BUTT!  I say it all the time.  Dad thinks it's funny I said butt before mama, but Mom's not laughing :)

Just hanging out with Uncle Torry and Aunt Melany

Me at the eye doctor...man, I guess I am cross-eyed!  Hahaha!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Vinny you are such a big boy in that chair!! Your auntie Carrie has had to sit in those chairs many of times;) If you need any help recovering you can call your Auntie Carrie!!! We miss you so much already it is crazy! We will have to make a trip to see you once it gets cold here!!
Love ya BUNCHES!!!
Auntie Carrie

Anonymous said...

HI! HO! MISTER VINNY O! HEY!, I BET YOU WILL BE GLAD IF YOU CAN GET RID OF YOUR GLASSES THAT YOU KEEP PULLING OFF! THE SURGERY WILL BE WORTH IT. HERE'S HOPING FOR GREAT RESULTS. NOT MUCH TO REPORT HERE, OTHER THAN WE ARE SUPPOSE TO GET DOWN TO ABOUT 37 DEGREES TOMORROW NIGHT--PRETTY CLOSE TO FREEZING, AND I AM GLAD. I AM NOT A BIG FAN OF HOT WEATHER! LOVE TO ALL. TESS & TOM