Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Hello!  We made it home safely from our long journey to Montana...boy were we all happy to sleep in our own beds.  Well, to be honest, I'm still not back to sleeping through the night, but maybe I'll give my parents a break and get back into routine soon.  We have a busy week--today I had my Speech Evaluation and unfortunately, after an hour and a half, they deemed me as "delayed."  According to the evaluator, I should have 50 words in my vocabulary by my age--50 words that I understand and can/have attempted to say.  Mom and Dad were pretty shocked by this--seems like a lot for a one year old (and really a 10.5 month old if you adjust for my prematurity).  But, I suppose the Speech Therapist knows more than Mom and Dad about this subject! So, I will begin weekly Speech Therapy next Friday.  Mom says we are going to put Aqua Therapy on hold for a while--my parents aren't willing to go to 5 days of therapy per week, we need at least one day to go to doctor's appointments and frankly for me to just be a baby :)  So, Mom said we would go to the Community Center and play in the pool there every week--they have big waterslides and a play area for little kids so I'm game.

Tomorrow I have a meeting with all of my therapists to talk about my anxiety trying new things.  Mom and Dad say not to worry, no one is mad at me, we just need to figure out a common approach to help me reach the next milestones...crawling and walking!  Speaking of walking, we also scheduled my CP evaluation with an Orthopedic Specialist for early September.  Hopefully he'll tell me my hips look great and I shouldn't have any problems crawling/walking! 

Here I am with my Grandma Barb, we had so much fun at her house!

Mom holding me and my cousin Sam!

This is my Uncle Dustin, Aunt Carrie, and Cousin Sam!

This is my Aunt Darci and Uncle Silbs...I was pretty popular in Billings :)

Home sweet home...back to doing what I do best...eating snacks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI!HO! VINNY O! GLAD YOU HAD A SAFE TRIP BACK HOME. THE PIC OF OLY AND HIS BLANKET JUST CRACKS ME UP! HOPE YOU HAVE QUIT RIPPING YOUR GLASSES OFF....LOVE TO ALL TOM & TESS