Thursday, June 6, 2013

All the Places I Have Been...

I have to tell you, I have been living it up the past few weeks!  The nice weather, summertime vibe, and some cool opportunities have made it fun to be me :)

Nothing says summertime like peach juice dripping from your chin! 
 
Or a homemade popsicle with your girlfriend on a hot day.
 
Or ice cream covering your face...yes, people, I like to eat! 

Or just lounging by the Community Center pool during a lifeguard break.
 
Or a park picnic with my family.
 
Or swinging shirtless with my Dad!
 
 
Last weekend we loaded up and went to the Arizona Science Museum.  I think Dad was as excited as I was (what a tool), but my favorite activities were definitely the water exhibits, the big nose that sneezed on me, and the stomach slide (that made toot noises)!
 

 

Love you Grandma Jane!!
 

I also have been doing a lot of other inside activities to stay out of the heat in the afternoon...

Like covering the floor with pillows and jumping off the couch!
 


And snuggling on the couch...
 
My new thing is to call every waiter or waitress "Man" and "Lady."  If I don't think my food is coming quickly enough, I yell out "Hey Lady, Vinny needs his hamburger RIGHT NOW!"  The
In-N-Out guys thought it was pretty comical, so they gave me my very own hat!!
 
OK, on a serious note, I have been helping my Dad a lot lately.  Since I am sleeping when he goes scorpion hunting at night, I have decided to strap on my headlamp and hunt a little during the day...
 
I would say we are doing a pretty good job keeping our family safe! 
 
 
I better run, but I promise to update you soon.  On Monday the City of Phoenix is coming to my house to do a story on me and the Icky Can Man, Paul.  They think we are going to be on the news...and even better, I get to sit in his truck and beep the horn.  I guess Paul thought he should say thank you since we diligently wait for him every week...rain or shine.  I am REALLY excited :)  Mom is teaching summer school for a few weeks, so she'll miss it, but Dad said he would get me dressed and ready for the big event. 
 
PS  Swimming lessons are going alright, two sessions I have cried pretty much the whole time, the other session I was in a decent mood.  Miss Karen is a tough love kind of girl, she says I can cry all day, but I will learn to float on my back.  At least I get a sucker and stamps on my arm after the torture is over!
 
 

 

 
 

3 comments:

bl_holloway said...

Those Scorpions are disgusting!!!
Vinny, you need to record yourself talking to the "burger lady". I bet it is hilarious.

Anonymous said...

HI! HO! VINNY O! I AM REALLY JEALOUS OF ALL THE FUN THINGS YOU HAVE BEEN DOING! THE SCIENCE MUSEUM LOOKED LIKE A GREAT PLACE TO VISIT.....WE HAVE HAD RAIN, RAIN, RAIN, AND ALL I AM DOING IS YARD WORK. I LIKE IT, BUT YOUR STYLE OF FUN IS MUCH BETTER! LOVE TO ALL...TESS

Cloudy Day Gray said...

I am so excited to hear about the Icky Can Man and his truck! Parker would love love love that!