Thursday, August 23, 2012

Back in Business!

Hello!  After two long weeks of not walking, I'm back in business.  No one can explain why I am back up and running so soon (vs. the four week recovery period Dr. White told us to expect), but Mom and Dad are pretty sure it has something to do with my PEMF (pulsing electromagnetic field treatments) and Arnica Gel.  Remember my Uncle Dino is a genius and built me my own PEMF machine...I was using it to treat my CP until I got too freaked out by the pads on my head (and too antsy to lay on the floor for a 10 minute treatment).  However, Dino gave my Mom the frequencies for a fracture, she created the program, and we have been treating my leg three times a day.  We also stopped all Advil and Tylenol (after seven straight days, my parents said enough!) and started applying Arnica Gel to my leg (another Uncle Dino suggestion).  Within two days of the new treatments I was pulling to stand, within three I was walking again.  My gate isn't totally back to normal, my right foot is still at nearly a 90 degree angle, but that too will hopefully improve. 

I am learning new words every day, and more importantly, putting words together to form ideas, like "Go puppy go!" when Oly is trying to play with my toys, and "Out please Mommy" when I am trying to escape!  Mom says if she had a dime for every time I ask to go outside or say "No, no!" we could buy that vacation property in Montana we are dreaming of. 

So, back into full swing with my NACD program, and getting into mischief for me!  Have a good weekend :)
While I was stationary we had to think of creative ways to keep me entertained...
like playing with Mom's hats!
 
My parents also took me swimming a lot the last two weeks per Mr. Doman's suggestion...
here I am ready to hit the pool, car keys in hand!
 
My dog Oly liked hanging out with me on the floor.  If you think Mom or I covered
him up and put a pillow under his head, think again! 
 
Picking bark off the tree is one of my favorite past times!
 
"You want me to go to bed now...I don't think so!"
 
Ten more minutes of playtime...YES!
 
 
 Peek-A-Boo!!
 
Ringing the doorbell to torment Oly, it's so funny to watch him race to the front door!
 
...but he is my best friend!


No comments: