Sunday, February 5, 2012

Ready to Cruise...

Hello!  Not much new to report this week, I have been diligently completing my program each day, although, by 4pm I am a little sick of it (except the iPad, man, I love that thing)!  Mom and Dad say "Buck up little camper," -- I don't even know what that means!  Mom consulted with my NACD coach several times this week over e-mail and on the phone, she had to video tape me pulling to stand and cruising...you know what, my coach said my structure was good enough that my parents can let me do as much of that as I want!  This is an improvement since my evaluation last month when Mr. Doman asked my parents to keep my on my knees.  I have also started testing my balance regularly, by letting go of the furniture or using Oly to stand up in the middle of the floor.  It is so much fun :)  Dad drilled a super duty baby gate into the wall at the bottom of the stairs, Mom says "I have to climb the stairs under adult supervision."  I feel like a caged tiger!  Next week on top of my daily program responsibilities I will also start a listening program, where my parents will play CDs of filtered music to develop my auditory processing skills.  Mom says it's classical music, which I enjoy, so I'm not worried. 

Aunt Melany and Uncle Torry came for the weekend, which was fun, we played a lot!  Today, however, I decided that I did not need a nap (my parents made me have "quiet time" for an hour this afternoon -- dumb!), and that I would go to bed at 8:00pm (that is 2 hours later than my usual bedtime).  I think either I'm getting another tooth or I'm just growing up, we'll see if I decide this is my new routine. 

This was my dad's favorite book, now it's one of mine!

Oly loves it when I read to him!

Have a great week :)

4 comments:

bl_holloway said...

Vinny...your chubby baby cheeks are disappearing! Maybe it is because you are so active now?! Have a great week big boy!

Anonymous said...

Makes me smile to see you in smiles Vinny. Miss you all and I'm thankful for your great progress. I loved listening to your dad read that book when we were kids. Glad you are enjoying it too. XOXO... Love you and thinking of you all.

Darci Silbernagel said...

That wasn't supposed to be anonymous... It's Aunt Darci... Computers still confuse this old gal.

Kathy McGowan said...

Somehow I just don't notice Oly enjoying that reading thing as much as you say.