It was 85 degrees on Saturday, a little warm for my costume, but I kept my hat on pretty much the entire time...I knew I was being photographed! Mom and Dad didn't let me have any candy which was kind of a bummer, but they said spiders don't eat candy anyway.
On Sunday we made a quick trip to Flagstaff to clean out our family camper--which frankly, I didn't even know we had! Mom and Dad did A LOT of cleaning to get it ready to sell. Unfortunately, we just don't use it enough to justify paying the storage fee. Even though Dad had to convince Mom it was a good purchase several years back, she was the one crying as we pulled away. I guess camping is a lot of fun (or she's just being weird again!).
As for my progress, this week has been another great one...two days ago I started pushing myself from my stomach to my knees...this is yet another step in my progression to cross pattern (hands and knees) crawling. It takes a lot of upper body strength and neurological organization to do this, so my parents are happy. I have also decided to "get mobile" in my crib. For the first time, I rolled on my stomach to sleep (my new favorite position), and yesterday Mom found my trying to vandalize my video monitor...I was like "Uhhhh, hello, I'm awake in here!!"
Mom and Dad turned in my application for the National Association of Childhood Development's targeted intervention program--a program run by Glenn Doman's nephew. If we get in (there is an interview and acceptance process), then I will get my own personalized targeted intervention strategy. We are sure hoping I make the cut, could be up to 6 hours a day of work, but it will be worth it to reach my milestones.
Well, I better run, Dad had to take an unexpected trip to Oregon (he gets back Thursday), and Mom leaves Friday for a Housing conference (she's real excited to see her friends, but not as excited as I am to have an all-boys 4 day adventure!!).
This is my new favorite toy...a diaper box turned wagon. Dad tied on Oly's leash as a handle and we zipped around the tile for hours!

1 comment:
You are such an adorable little spider Vinny! I especially love the second picture ...your neck fat roll is soooo cute! :)
Post a Comment