Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I've got some good news...

Sorry I haven't written in a while, Mom was at a conference in New Mexico and Dad and I were too busy doing "man things" to give you a progress update.  But, I do have great news...

About 3 weeks ago Mom and Dad turned in an application for me to join the National Association for Child Development (NACD) program.  After a long paper screening and interview process, I found out on Friday I was accepted.  NACD was founded by Robert Doman (Glenn Doman's nephew), and the targeted intervention program I'll receive will mimic Glenn Doman's research.  Even better news, NACD evaluators/coaches travel to Phoenix once every three months, so I won't have to go anywhere for my diagnostic evaluation.  This is going to mean a lot of work for my family and I, about 6 hours/day of specific therapy and exercises once I get my program; however, I am up to the challenge.  My evaluation will be the first week of January, then I'll be re-evaluated every three months.  Wish me luck!

Over the weekend we had some great friends come and visit...Aunt Melany and Uncle Kevin.  Uncle Kevin cam down from Flagstaff, which my parents were real excited about. Aunt Melany made the trip from Tucson (without Uncle Torry unfortunately, he's still in California!).  We went to the Veteran's Day parade on Saturday and had a lot of fun.  I love it when people come to play with me :) 
Come back to visit again soon Uncle Kevin!

Speaking of visitors...Grandma Jane is here!! She's staying for a few weeks, through Thanksgiving, so we'll have lots of time to hang out.  Mom's glad she's here this week with Dad in New York for a conference.  We have fun things planned now that the weather is so nice--in the 70's all week...perfect park weather :)

Some other tid-bits...
-I went to the doctor a couple of weeks ago...I'm in the 95% for weight, 75% for height, and 5% for head circumference (bummer, but my head is growing so my doctor isn't worried).  Basically my parents already know I'm chunky, tall, and have a pin head :)
-Mom is going back to work...well, sort of...she's going to be teaching one day a week (4th-6th grade reading and 6th grade PE for a Federal Grant Program).  She says she's sad to be leaving me, but happy to be getting some "balance"--whatever that means.  I told her I'm old enough to stay home alone and watch Oly, but she said I have to have a babysitter.  Ugh, someone else to train!
-I've learned to shake my head no...and my parents think it's real funny.  I'm saying "no" to everything, so now Mom says we are going to work on saying "yes."  We'll try and get some video, but performing in front of a camera makes me shy!
-I really like to open the screen door...what Mom and Dad quickly found out this weekend is that I also like to escape outside.  Mom took out the garbage yesterday and by the time she came back I was already on my way to find her!

My "great escape"

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your acceptance into the NACD Vinny. You continue to make your family and friends proud.

XOX,
Gt. Auntie JoJo

bl_holloway said...

First off....GREAT Escaping!! I have my own stories of escaping we can talk about when you are a bit older. :) I am very excited to hear about the NACD and how well that will work for you. Keep us posted Vinny!

Anonymous said...

HI! HO! VINNY O! I HAVE NOT BEEN IGNORING YOU, I JUST CAN'T SEEM TO GET THE COMMENTS POSTED TO YOUR SIGHT, SO HERE WE GO AGAIN! ANYWAY, TOM & I ARE VERY EXCITED FOR YOU ON YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO NACD. PRETTY NEAT. YOU ARE GROWING LIKE A WEED! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN....HI! TO ALL.
LOVE TESS & TOM