Introducing Marlee Quinn Davison
Born: November 9, 2013 at 4:51pm
7lbs 6oz
20.5 inches
Hello! As you probably have heard, my mom had my baby sister, who my parents named Marlee Quinn :) It was a whirlwind of activity, starting with my mom's water breaking on Saturday, November 9th. I was taking a nap, and when I woke up Grandma Jane told me my parents had gone to the hospital. Not four hours later, I became a big brother!!
Mom and Dad right before going into surgery...
Mom meeting Marlee for the first time!
Dad taking Marlee to the nursery!
Grandma Jane meeting Marlee!
My plan was to go to the hospital the next day to meet my little sister, however, that night I got the flu and for the first time in my whole life I threw up. Mom felt real guilty she wasn't around to take care of me, but Dad said they had a pretty good excuse. Grandma Jane manned the fort, then got the flu herself. So basically, Dad came home to take care of us and Mom took care of Marlee at the hospital. Marlee was in the NICU less than a day, then moved to another nursery where they watched her respiration and blood oxygen levels just to be safe. She passed with flying colors, and was able to come home with my parents. I was on the mend four days later when my mom was discharged and finally I got to meet her!
The message on my shirt says "Mess with my little sister and you mess with me!"
You better believe it :)
I love holding Marlee...
...and even though she is usually sleeping, she loves it too!
Dad and Mom have been taking me on a special date every day, whether it be to the park or to the store. Even though I can't be as loud as I like, and get impatient sometimes,
I love being a big brother!
Unfortunately, Mom got the flu when she returned home....which she says a week after a c-section she does not wish on her worst enemy! Luckily, however, Marlee has remained healthy and mom is looking forward to ditching her mask and gloves tomorrow since she will be out of the contagious period. All in all, it has been a pretty amazing ride! Marlee is gaining weight, eating well, and even though it is hard for my parents (read my Mom) to relax and just accept she is a healthy and happy baby, she is...and we are all very thankful!
Well, I better run. I have lots of things to help with these days!
PS Even though dance parties have been temporarily suspended due to the noise level associated with said activity, I thought you would like to see a little of my dancing action, pre-newborn.
2 comments:
HI! HO! VINNY O!-HEY BUD, YOUR DANCE MOVES ARE AWESOME! YOUR NEW LITTLE SISTER IS BEAUTIFUL AND WE LOVE THE PICS TOGETHER--YOU WILL BE A GREAT BIG BROTHER TO HER AND A BIG HELP TO YOUR MOM & DAD! LOVE TO ALL. TESS & TOM
First, let me just say , " You have got some stellar dance moves my man!" Second, Mr. Vinny, " You look so grown up holding your beautiful baby sister." I am happy for you all!
Post a Comment