Friday, January 3, 2014

The Holiday Season

OOPS!  Prematurely sent that last one out because ALL our smoke dectectors went off...of course they did :)

I have sat down to write this entry several times, but was quickly overwhelmed with the 256 pictures on my camera that I had to share. I FINALLY got done editing and picking the best to represent our holiday season.  It has been a whirlwind the last month, check out all the cool things I have been doing!

...but before we get into the thick of things, a quick update about my sister.  She is almost 8 weeks old, and recently started socially smiling--that's real cute.  She hardly ever cries, which is saying something because she has reflux pretty bad.  In fact, my parents have to take shifts holding her upright in a rocking chair all night long or she throws up and grunts continually.  We are all hoping she grows out of this soon.  In the mean time Mom had to cut out gluten and dairy, Marlee got some medicine, and we are hanging in there. 

It is no secret my favorite room in the house is the garage...here I am in the "man cave"
having some coffee with my Dad!
 
Marlee and I on our first double stroller run! 
 
Marlee, one month old!
 
Having a party with all of my animals...and Oly (he insisted on having his own cup!)
 
We did a lot of baking over the holidays...and I love me some cookie dough!
 
Sharing secrets with my sister in her co-sleeper!
 
Sue and Sue brought a little bit of winter with them from Flagstaff...
and I had a whole bunch of fun!
 
Snowball fight!!
 
 
 
My version of Frosty!
 
Thanks Sue and Sue, you made a little boy really happy for an afternoon.
 
But this is a little bit more realistic...playing with the hose in bare feet :)

My Aunt Erika came to meet Marlee and visit me...well mainly she did laundry, helped Mom bake, cleaned the house, and played with me.  It was a working vacation of sorts :)

Aunt Erika decked us out in sweet work out gear...I got a new running coat and Marlee got this
pink Adidas sweatsuit!
 

The holidays brought many things, most notably Marty, my Elf on the Shelf!

We had a lot of adventures, like making a gingerbread house!

Let's do this!
 
My masterpiece! 

And he left me some new Christmas PJ's right before my big Christmas Eve party, I love Marty!

To say we had a blast would be an understatement!

Christmas morning...Santa brought me a tent, cash register (my favorite gift),
and a Spiderman backpack!

What is not to love about Christmas morning?

Marlee and Oly on Christmas Day...he already protects her like it's his job.
 

Last, but not least, Marlee decided to make New Year's Day even more special by
giving us a big smile!
 
Well, I better run...my New Year's resolution you ask?  To update my blog every week...because my sister and I have lots to say!  All the best to you and yours in 2014!
 
 
 

2 comments:

bl_holloway said...

Vinny - I want to come and sleep in your tent with you. Your baby sister is precious! I love her BIG smile.

Anonymous said...

HI! HO! VINNY O---LOVE THE TENT, IT LOOKS LIKE A GREAT PLACE TO HANG OUT. YOU COME TO MONTANA AND YOU CAN PLAY IN ALL THE SNOW YOU WANT--SOMEHOW I DON'T THINK YOUR PARENTS ARE UP TO IT THOUGH! AND YEAH FOR THE BIG SMILE ON MARLEE!!! LOVE TESS & TOM