Tuesday, September 10, 2013

It's Still Summer...

Hello everyone!  I have been busy with my usual summertime activities...because, yes, it is still 105-110 degrees here every day.  Mom says she hates to complain, but it might kill her.  Oh, the drama!

I am still pretty interested in my Power Wheels.  My driving has significantly improved, and I am proud to report we now have a "Power Wheels Posse" in our neighborhood.  A pink jeep and an Escalade round out our parade every night!
 

However, as much as I like Power Wheeling, I have found a new hobby...basketball.  It all started by hanging out at the gym watching my Dad play.  I screamed "GOOD JOB DAD" every time he made a shot (which was often and a crowd pleaser), and shot around myself at halftime. 
 

Two things, yes, I know this is a volleyball...it was the only ball lying around and yes, I know I am wearing a Bobcat shirt.  Don't get any ideas, I'm still loyal to the Griz. 
 

 So, my parents bought me a hoop for the house.  If I can get the ball away from Mom and Dad (who have shooting competitions each night), I love playing. 
This week we are working on shooting form...next week, footwork. 

 

Recently, I have been very interested in "school."  Instead of Mom teaching me new flashcards, math, or reading, I now teach all my animals.  I am a really good teacher, if I do say so myself. 
 

Also, as per usual, I have been helping with chores.  Mom seems to be finding a lot of projects for Dad these days.  Here is my painting masterpiece! 
 

Here I am walking Oly, he will follow me anywhere!
 

And here I am raking.  Is raking fun?  Yes.  But, my pure joy is a reflection of the fact it was in the 90's that day...and cloudy. 

All work and no play makes for a dull life, so don't worry, I have been attending my fair share of birthday parties...and chocolate cupcakes are my favorite!
 
Other than that, it has been business as usual.  I have had a couple of requests for updates on my baby sister.  Mom is headed into her third trimester this week, and things are going fairly well.  My baby sister is apparently the female version of Shaq, measuring three weeks and one day big.  Mom has been tasked with gaining a bunch of weight before her next appointment and will start twice weekly ultrasounds at 34 weeks to make sure the baby has enough room to practice breathing, fine, and gross motor skills.  If she runs out of room, they will have to deliver her.  But, we are hopeful that won't be the case.  The nursery is complete, my parents have decided on a name (but are not telling anyone, including me!!), and we are excited as ever! 
 
Well, I better run, take care :) 
 
 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI! HO! VINNY O! SORRY THIS POST IS REALLY LATE, BUT HAVE NOT BEEN NEXT TO THIS COMPUTER FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS! CAN'T SAY THAT I MISSED IT--IF IT WASN'T FOR KEEPING TRACK OF YOU, AND PARKER, MATILDA, KINLEY AND EMERY, I WOULD PROBABLY FOREGO THE WHOLE TECH WORLD! SOUNDS LIKE YOU ALL HAVE BEEN BUSY AS USUAL--GOOD LUCK ON LEARNING THE RULES OF BASKETBALL--YOU HAVE GOOD TEACHERS FOR SURE! HOPE YOUR MOM IS DOING GREAT, AND WE ARE WAITING IN GREAT ANTICIPATION FOR YOUR SISTER'S NAME! LOVE TESS & TOM

Jaren Rabe said...

Three WEEKS big?! That's incredible lol! So happy for you all, excited to see pictures of baby girl!
Vinny you are so awesome, Clara has seen your power wheels and would like you to take her for a spin sometime. ;)