About a month ago, when I turned three, my parents said it was time to give up my pacifiers. I really liked my pacis, especially when trying to fall asleep and in the car. So, Mom and Dad said that if I wanted, I could take all my pacis to Toys-R-Us and buy a Power Wheels...but that meant they would be gone forever. I figured that was a decent trade, and I was right. I drive my Power Wheels every night, even in 100+ degree weather. My driving skills have significantly improved, even our neighbors who are police officers think my "J-turns" are amazing!!
Power Wheels, Day One...check out this hot green dune buggy!
After a few weeks of driving practice...I may hug the right side of the road (which Dad says I get from Mom), but I am pretty much an expert!
I have done a lot of fun things lately, like go the Stuffington Bear Factory and watch Mr. Bear being made from scratch. My Grandma Jane was here for a few weeks and got to witness this really fun experience! Thanks for coming to play with me Grandma Jane!!
Here I am with all my friends sitting on the HUGE bear in the entryway!
This is Mr. Bear...after stuffing him and watching his back get sewn up, I got to
fluff him up and comb him off.
Then, finally, I had to give him a bath!
This is how we do cartoons on Saturday mornings at our house :)
And this, is how we do haircuts!
I am very invested in being a good big brother, which means I need some practice.
First, I have been spending some time caring for my own baby, feeding and burping him.
Next, I moved on to babies in the area, some practice with the real deal can't hurt.
And lastly, I requested to look at my baby book to get a general idea of how small my sister will be. Here I am with Mom comparing my foot today to when I was born.
I have also been hanging out at my girlfriend's house, just chatting and dipping our feet in the pool.
And cleaning, of course!
Since speaking with you last, I also had my NACD evaluation. Everything looks good, we are going to focus on helping my left eye get a little straighter and starting to recognize numeric quantities. Check out my video below...I was waiting for my evaluation to begin. Did you know I had super powers?
Well, that's all the good news. Unfortunately, last week my parents found a mass in my abdomen. Mom took me to the pediatrician the next day, who ordered an emergent ultrasound. After a specialist read the ultrasound, my doctor called back and told my parents I should go to the ER for further testing. We loaded up that night and after an IV, blood tests, a CAT Scan, and lots of waiting I was diagnosed with an umbilical hernia. It will most likely have to be repaired surgically, which won't be any fun, but at least it's not a tumor or something more serious. I have likely had it since birth (a common complication wth preemies), but it just changed positions to where we could see/feel it. I would like to report I did not cry one time and that I was a VERY big boy!
Sitting in my hospital bed, waiting for my CAT Scan.
Also, my Mom almost stepped on a tarantula in our backyard...barefoot. Seriously, the creepy animal situation in this state is out of control!!
Small...but still creepy!
Ok, I better run, we are working on my sister's nursery and I, once again, am a huge helper :)
1 comment:
HI! HO! VINNY O!, HEY BUD! THAT IS A PRETTY NIFTY SET OF WHEELS YOU GOT THERE. LOVE IT! CAN'T WAIT TO FOLLOW YOU ON YOUR RIDES! HOPE YOUR MOM IS FEELING GREAT, AND GLAD TO HEAR YOUR EXAM WAS A HERNIA! DONE WITH HARVEST, SO JUST CATCHING UP...LOVE TESS & TOM
Post a Comment