Monday, April 22, 2013

All The Places I Have Been...

It has been a couple of busy of weeks, let me tell you!  To start, we met with the school district and after speaking with Bob Doman, reviewing some of the research, and a lot of talking, my parents have decided not to put me in preschool this year.  Basically it comes down to the fact that a preschool teacher has to input for 20 kids and cannot change her input based on individual output as effectively as my mom can in a 1:1 environment.  Plus, I have no problems with speech, social/emotional behavior, or playing with others.  So, I'm home with my mom for another year, which is just fine with both of us. 
 
I also met with Bob Doman, he continues to be impressed with my progress and was not surprised to hear about my lack of compliance with program from time to time.  He said I am testing well above my age range in terms of processing, however, emotionally I am a 2.5 year old.  I don't understand why certain things are so important to my parents, which makes me steer clear  They call this a lock and block three.  So, from here on out my program won't be program, it will be more of a "play" environment.  My mom thinks she can sneak in flashcards and site words...we'll see. 
 
 
Now on to the fun stuff...my Grandma Jane, Aunt Tess, and Uncle Tom came to visit!!  
 
Here I am with Grandma Jane at the park, we go there everyday! 
 
Aunt Tess bought me a new giraffe for my jungle themed room, I named him George!
 
Here we are snuggling on the couch!
 
So, it's been hot here, I started with the hose and a water table (which Oly clearly enjoyed)
 
....and then I moved to this!!
 

Check out my video, our awesome neighbor gave us this eight foot slide!
 
 
My Aunt Tess (and my Mom) love seeing animals as much as I do, so we tried a new zoo this visit...
This is Boom Boom, the Rhino.
 
I fed the resident giraffe Pilgrim, no big deal!!
 
He's pretty awesome!
 
A few more of the animals we saw...
 
Look at this zebra smiling!
 
Watch out for those horns!
 
Pretty awesome we could get this close!
 
But let's be honest, my favorite part about the whole day was the safari bus ride!
 
Thanks for visiting Tom and Tess, it was a blast!!
 



Back to real life, helping Dad prep the fence to stain!
 
And one final note, I graduated from physical therapy...I met all my goals, which is a pretty big deal!  Well, I better run, have a great week!  

 

2 comments:

bl_holloway said...

YAY!! No more PT! That is wonderful. I sure think your mom is smart not to put you in an early childhood program. I think she can do much more for you at home too. :)

Anonymous said...

HI! HO! VINNY O!--THE ZOO PICS ARE GREAT! THANKS FOR THE FUN TIME HANGING OUT WITH YOU..LOVE TESS & TOM