Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Living...

Hello!  Since my last post I have been trying to stay cool, and bide my time until we get to Montana :)  I am learning new words everyday, adding baby, puppy, truck, and cheese to the list!  My parents and I are working on couplet completions (recorded two word phrases that I listen to repeatedly to try and expand my vocabulary).  It seems to be catching on as I can now say "Daddy's truck" and "Mom's car."  Mom is really trying to get me to say Grandma, and Oly, but I decided calling Oly puppy is easier and I'm holding off on Grandma until we make our trip!  We have also been practicing reading, which I think I enjoy, depending on my mood.

Mom has also been working with me everyday on "Aunt Eri and Uncle Jake's wedding rehearsal."  Basically she gets really serious and tells me that I am going to have to walk with a hot little 2 year old named Lyla down the aisle of a church with a pillow in my hand.  She told me I can't hit anyone or fake burp (which my Dad taught me to do and I like to practice in public).  I'm going to try really hard, but no promises people, I'm two and I'm my own person.

Here are a few pictures and videos for your viewing pleasure.  I will try and write you from Montana next week.  I'll be taking my first plane ride, playing in my Grandma's garden, and taking walks by Rattlesnake Creek (which apparently is the best place on Earth, if you ask my Mom).

"Hey Dad!"

"My parents are such nerds!"

Learning new words every day!

Mom says I am "handsome" :)

Giving Oly kisses!  Oly is doing great, we went back to the vet and they still aren't able to get any fluid out of the cavity in his mouth.  We think he's permanently on the mend :)

"Yeah Mom, I was watching Peppa Pig....you got a problem with that?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vinny,
I love hearing you say new words. Your voice is as sweet as honey and your Mom is right -- you are handsome. Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks.

XOX,
Great Auntie JoJo